What Is The Difference Between Managed IT Services And IT Support Services?
As we all know, maintaining an organization’s systems is a crucial task in this modern era. No matter the nature of your business, the size of your business, or the type of your industry, you would have a website or a platform where your customers and clients can go and access the services you provide them. So here, when it comes to technology, it can only sometimes be perfect. There are situations when things can go wrong in your business, or there can be risks to your business, losses, or many other problems in your business. Therefore, hundreds of IT support services companies in the market these days provide support or managed services to your business to five technical support. Though among these companies, Source Central Partners is that support service company that has become the talk of the town these days. However, now you must think about which is better for you: managed IT or IT support services. So let us move ahead to understand both and clear this confusion.
Difference between Managed IT services and IT support services.
Traditional IT Support Services
- IT support is known as the typical “break-fix” support. For example, if something isn’t working for an employee, they notify the desk team and wait for the problem to be resolved. Then the IT team gets back to and resolves that issue.
- IT support can either be in-house or outsourced to any third party. SCP provides a lot of support technicians to big organizations.
- This is a reactive service which means it is a reaction to any failure or problem.
- This service is offered on an hourly basis by the technicians.
- IT support services do not include proactive or preventive measures for system failures in the organization.
Managed IT Services
- Managed IT services are proactive services, which means instead of waiting for the system to break, the IT team is continuously working in the background to prevent such problems proactively.
- These services are available 24/7.
- The technicians providing managed IT services are paid monthly.
- This is also known as an organization’s preventive and proactive form of IT management.
- These services include the real-time performance tracking of your systems, such as:
- The hard drive storage availability
- The performance of the processor
- The usage of RAM
- The missing updates on any system
- The condition of the hardware attached to the system
- Managed IT services can be provided in both ways, remotely and on-site also.
- These services enable business owners to add and remove the IT services they need per their business requirements.
After going through all the above mentioned details, it is easy to figure out which service you need for your business. Traditional IT support services are a suitable choice for firms that do not rely on technologies that much. So that they can step up and deliver whatever they want to. However, on the other side of the coin, if you are operating a sophisticated or a big size organization, then Managed IT Services are typically mandatory for you to have because they keep the business available to the clients at all times and protect it from malicious threats.
It is crucial to think carefully about what you are looking for and finalize the service you need. If you are looking for managed IT services, SCP can be a good choice, as they primarily focus on longer commitment towards their work.